6 Famous Thought Experiments Explained in 1 Minute Each
Einstein once said, “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” The ...
Einstein once said, “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
The Open University, an online educational institute, took this seriously. It came up with “60-Second Adventures in Thought.” Some of the most complicated thought experiments are explained in short animated videos.
Believe it or not, questions of infinity, defining a twin paradox, and other mind-bogglers, are succinctly and clearly explained in one minute for each idea.
1. The Achilles and Tortoise Paradox: Every Motion is an Illusion
2. The Grandfather Paradox: Wrapping Your Mind Around Time Travel
3. Chinese Room: John Searle Explains Why Computers Will Never Be Truly Intelligent
4. The Twin Paradox by Paul Langevin: Special Relativity First Explained
5. Hilbert’s Paradox of the Grand Hotel: Nature of Infinity
6. Schrödinger’s Cat: An Interpretation of Quantum Theory
By Ingrid Longauerová, Epoch Times